Please read our policy and let us know what you think. If you have any questions about this policy, please send us a note at Contact us page.
Guiding principles What information do we gather and how is it used? What about "cookies"?
The following principles guide all of our online communications:
- No SPAM! We will never send unsolicited email to our customers or other visitors to our website. We will use email to respond to email messages from customers or to engage in other communication. We will send our customers(the registered users) the product upgrading information, and you(if you are a customer of us) can surely stop the notification by sending us an E-mail and we will not send it to you until you send another E-mail to us to request.
- We don't sell personal information gathered online about our customers. Rest assured, we will never provide your email address, or any other information gathered from visits to our website, to any external organization.
- If you buy our product, your orders and product deliveries are handled by any of our resellers, the secured online ordering services. Your contact data (like your email address) is disclosed to Hide-IP-Soft for customer support purposes and is kept confidential by Hide-IP-Soft and the reseller. Your billing data (like your credit card number) is NEVER disclosed to Hide-IP-Soft.
What information do we gather and how is it used?
- Generic data. When you visit our web site, we log general data, including your domain name (e.g. google.com, yahoo.com, aol.com, msn.com, etc.), the name of the web page from which you entered our site, which pages you visit on our site, and, how much time you spend on each page. We use this information to continually monitor and improve our website. None of this information is collected or stored on a personal (customer-specific) level. Specifically, we do not collect your email address and, in fact, have no way of getting it unless you explicitly tell us.
- Personal information which you choose to submit. As a visitor to our website, you may choose to send us a question in email. Anytime you submit personal information for a specific purpose, your information will be used for that purpose only. Our policy is to inform you when you submit that information, exactly how it will be used. In many cases, you can choose how much information to supply (e.g. when sending us email, you may choose to include only an email address -- not a telephone number or mailing address -- for replies.) There may be instances where we require complete information for a particular activity, but, again, it's your choice whether or not to supply it.
What about "cookies"?
The term "cookie" refers to files that are transferred from a website to your computer's hard drive. The purpose of cookies is to enable the host website to track your activities on their website. Some (usually newer) versions of web browsers allow you to decide whether or not to accept cookie files, and some programs notify you when a website is about to deposit a cookie file on your hard drive. If you decide not to accept cookies, you may not be able to successfully navigate some of the website.
You can check your hard drive for cookie files. For PC's, look for "cookies.txt" files on your hard drive. On a Macintosh, look for "magic cookies." There are software programs available ("cookie cutters" and "anonymizers") that allow you to selectively edit cookie files.